0

Driving with Confidence

Posted by x2 (double grace) on 7:19 PM in

Haha…mom didn’t had confidence in our driving, so she got us a driving sifu to bring us out to “safely venture into the wild traffic world”…in the ALMIGHTY FIERY RED  Kancil ^^

It was quite an experience, because it opened our eyes to see that we were not really ready for the fast and furious…I (Hannah) had really a hard time controlling the steering as the sifu uncle kept saying: “Control steering…control…” until he sighed and had to literally “give me a hand” on my steering. Nevertheless, the frequency of this situation greatly reduced after 2 hrs of “practice”.

I also realised that I am infected with “roundaboutphobia”---the fear of roundabouts. Approaching any roundabouts, my palm be DRIPPING with sweat (exaggeration present) , chill zaps down my spine and a fight or flight mechanism is immediately triggered, who knows why. The intensity of the symptoms increases with the increase in amount of cars, who knows why. By then, I will instinctively stomp on brake, press clutch, grab and force the gear free…simultaneously, within 1 second. By this time sifu uncle will already be pale and yelling in Hakka: “Slow down! calm down, one thing at a time!” while franticly steering from the passenger seat. So I make sure I prayed for safe journey each time I go out driving. I’m quite sure sifu does the same. =)

roundabout

Anyway, I’m real good at speeding! I can press on the “oil” non-stop till meter goes up to 60km/hr!!! BTW, I’m not allowed to go beyond 50km/hr. Sad =(

Well, I just hope someday I can drive with confidence like any other people, without having to worry about road traffic, red traffic lights, steep slopes or the weather. I hope this day will come soon…but before that I’ll need several hours of parking practice too! Haha.^^

Alrite, end of story, gotta go study. This post is actually to test the effectiveness of a new free programme that comes with the Windows email. Because I wanted to be able to update the blog easily. Goodnight!


0 Comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 Twins' Scribbles All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.


Heaven is full of answers to prayers no one ever bothered to ask.

Labels