0

Settling down~New Church

Posted by x2 (double grace) on 4:53 PM
At the beginning of my studies here, I've prayed hard for God to let me find a church in which I feel belong & can look forward to Sundays just like I did back in Sandakan. (CCC Sandakan brothers & sisters, I reeeaaallyyy missed you!)

The Methodist Church was definitely not my type, because of the rituals or practices that are totally alien to me...another charismatic church in the city was too big and too loud, the people there didn't even know our seniors who attended the church for more than a year, that's not for me because I need all the church support I can get...

Thank God for answering prayers, I came across a church which was just nice, with youth mucisians just like CCC Sandakan; joyful ushers who made me smile and laugh each time I step into church; uncles and aunties who tried hard to remember and get our names right, asking how are we doing and sharing life's experience with us; fatherly pastors who greeted us and were interested in our studies and our what's-ups...; hilarious and talented bunch of college students (the youths) who can't just let you be dead serious; and most importantly, the worshipful attitude of the church as a whole.

The church I'm attending now is New Life Restoration Centre. There's youth cell group called Life Extreme after service where we had games and short sharing just like Joshua Generation. Sometimes, we were provided lunch and that allows me to save on food expenses! Hehee...( In the pic below: one of the groups during quiz session on 30/08. My group got number 2 but no prize, just for fun!)
The pictures below shows the interior, bulletin corner and stage of the church.
 And there was once, we were some of the early birds, so we witnessed the humble "opening" of the church hall...
Additional info, this is also the church where we had our christian fellowship called Campus Alive every Thursday fortnightly. I back-up-sang once and lost my voice for the next 5 days...incredible huh???
Ok, that's about it, I'll try to take more pics to show you. Currently, we have 3 seniors (boys), and 8 juniors (5 girls, 3 boys) attending this church.

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 Twins' Scribbles All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.


Heaven is full of answers to prayers no one ever bothered to ask.

Labels