0

Friends

Posted by x2 (double grace) on 8:42 PM
God is trully good to me. He has given me friends whom I can count on in college. Friends who accept me as I am, accept my flaws and all embarassing quirks...Thank God for the grace He showered upon me.

My friends are the ones who keep me up and about in college. Everytime after the holidays in my hometown, I return to my hostel room, feeling lonely and empty, missing my home, family and old friends because I usually arrive earlier than the rest of them. I would feel like crying...but when all my friends arrive in college, this feeling would immediately vanish, and I would feel relieved and happy. I guess its because my friends are my family in college, they are the shoulder on which I lean on when I can't stand on my own, they are the ones to share my joy and sadness, and lame jokes.

I know that God gave them to me for a purpose. There are many things God wants me to learn from them, and many things God wants me to show them--His love and grace. Yep, most of my friends haven't come to know Jesus personally. I know that God placed me among them to extend genuine friendship to them and show them His kind of love. Sometimes I felt that I am not good enough, but I am learning to rely on His strength for me to continue to show love and care to my friends. I admit, when I rely solely on my own determination to be kind and loving, I find it hard and tiring. It is hard when I rely on my own strength, but it becomes easy when I see that it is by the Spirit of God that I can do it.

I lean on the grace of God and avail myself to be used as an instrument to bless my friends by being a good friend to them. Though at times I feel that I have failed to be a true friend, I know that it is through this process that I can rely on God all the more, and be perfected into the likeness of Jesus, and that my friends will see the difference God made in my life and come to experience the unconditional love that can only be found in Christ Jesus our Saviour.

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 Twins' Scribbles All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.


Heaven is full of answers to prayers no one ever bothered to ask.

Labels